In-Person Improv Classes Come to The MACC!
This workshop will last 8 weeks. Starting on Thursday, September 30th, we'll meet weekly at The MACC on Signal Mountain, from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Over the course of the workshop, you'll learn the "rules" of Improv and when and how to break them. You'll also learn how to play short form Improv "games," just like the ones you've seen on "Who's Line Is It Anyway."
Then, for the 8th session, you'll put on a showcase performance where you'll get to show your friends and family everything you've learned during the workshop!
You'll also get two copies of our book, "Improv: Your Key to the Multiverse!" One to use in class, and one to give to a friend!
If you would like to participate, here's what you need to know:
Click here to register and secure your spot now!
- Workshop is limited to TEN (10) participants. (Click here to register.)
- Must be 18 or older to participate.
- Cost is $125 per person, reserved and paid via TicketLeap.
- All sessions will be held at The Mountain Arts Community Center, located at 809 Kentucky Ave, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
- You MUST be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and have proof of vaccination to attend this class.
- Sessions start at 7:00 pm sharp every Thursday starting on September 30th.
- The 8th week will be a Showcase performance that will be attended by your Friends and Family. (All audience attendees of the Showcase must show proof of vaccination or wear a mask for the duration of the performance.)
- Workshop will be taught by Steven W. Disbrow of Improv Chattanooga.
Whose line is it? It's YOUR line Chattanooga!
Just like that famous TV show, we'll take audience suggestions, call up volunteers, and get random submissions to play a bunch of improv games.
For each one of these Short Form games, we get a suggestion from the audience and use it to create a scene. The catch? Each game has one or more rules that make the scenes hard for the actors, and hilarious for the audience.
New Choice - Actors start their scene, but whenever the bell rings, they have to back up and redo the last thing they just said or did.
Family Dinner - We get someone from the audience and they cast the actors as family members that they would normally have dinner with. The audience member rings a bell when an actor does something in character, and honks a horn when they do something out of character. (Yeah, it’s complicated, but hilarious.)
ABC - Think you know your alphabet? Our actors usually don’t! In this game, each line of the scene has to start with the next letter of the alphabet. (It’s a lot harder than it sounds.)
Fill In The Blanks - Before the show, we have the audience write words and phrases on slips of paper. During this game, the actors open those slips and read what’s on them into the scene. Once it’s a part of the scene, the actors have to make it make sense.
Return Desk - One actor is returning an item to the local Big Box store.The catch is, they have no idea what it is they are returning!
Trust us, if you’ve only experienced Improv on the small screen with “Whose Line,” you’ll love it live and in person!
Seating is limited to just 50 spots! Get your ticket in advance and save $5!
Tickets: $5 in Advance, $10 day of show.
* This event is rated PG-13!
* Alcohol WILL be sold on site!
* We will ask that you wear a mask while in the theater.
Improv: Your Key to the Multiverse!
"I have an advance copy and it's SO GOOD! Everything is broken down and very well defined without being complicated.
There are instructions for 5 games that are PERFECT for beginners.
I hope this gets translated into multiple languages because this is just so compact and perfect for sharing.
It's like a 'Kit Kat',® but it's an Improv book!"
- Brenna Judkins
While you wait for in-person classes to start up again in the summer, you can order our book,
"Improv: Your Key to the Multiverse," and start learning at home!
Learn more about the book here or scroll down to order.
Yes! We have merchandise, available via Teespring! Click here to get it!